Friday, April 30, 2010

Reflection

At the beginning of this class, I considered myself nothing but an editor. It seemed that editing was all I really felt prepared to do. And while I still do not considered myself a narrative writer in any way, I do now feel that I have more knowledge to pull from that will help me improve my writing and storytelling skills.
As this semester has flown by, I have had more fun making audio and video projects than ever before. I have felt encouraged to be creative and this creativity has allowed for a lot more hands-on time with both Final Cut Pro and our new JVC HD cameras. Through this increased practice of composing new media pieces every few weeks, I have been lucky enough to be challenged by obstacles that I never would have taken the time to figure out and learn from without being pushed to create on a more regular basis.
The pieces I have turned in for this class, as well as for my experimental film class, have stirred up a strange combination of feelings for me as a student of film. Between the excitement of new possibilities and ideas, the frustration of their actual creation, and the relief of turning in a finished product, my emotions have run the gamut. But through utilizing the skills and theories learned in the classroom I have become at least a more confident media-maker, and at most, a better one.
Now that we are at the conclusion of what will be my last semester of actual classes, I feel that I am better prepared as both a storyteller and a filmmaker for whatever lies in my path. I will take both the theoretical and practical aspects of what I have learned and use them to better myself, as well as my film-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment