Monday, January 25, 2010

Media Diet

My life is inundated with media consumption. It is simply something that I enjoy, whether as focal point or background. My perception of most media outlets is that of a source of entertainment and an inspiration to make something better.

My only reservation with the assignment of logging my "media diet" was the worry that I wouldn't be able to remember to log every instance of my media consumption. This doubt inevitably became truth and the media I did remember to log was mostly in retrospect.

One aspect of this assignment, that I do not believe is humanly possible, would be the task of comprehensively logging every contact one has with the cluttered world of advertisements. So, for the sake of my sanity, I have abridged the countless advertisements from my logs.

Just glancing over my media diet, it was easy to spot patterns: Music is almost always playing in the background of my life via anything from my iPod, the radio, iTunes, CDs, or vinyl; I tend to check my email, Facebook, and several blogs numerous times throughout the course of a day; & I love watching movies and TV on DVD. Another pattern I noticed was my extreme preference for choice when it comes to my media consumption, but who prefers not to control the media to which they are exposed?

No comments:

Post a Comment